Friday 9 May 2014

Hello, world.

I created a blog. Why did I create a blog?
  Because I have too much time on my hands, probably.

  The internet is a beautiful and grotesque place, much like the real world. There is a great amount of love and understanding and a terrifying amount of hate and ignorance.
  I prefer to focus on the beauty and the love as much as I can, but I will never be able to just ignore the evil. Ignorance is there to be eradicated through education. Hate is there to be quelled by love.
  Despite being maybe the most pretentious thing I've ever written, that last sentence is something I try my best to live by. When someone hates you, try to understand why. Dig into the core of the problem and do your best to dissolve it through communication. More often than not, the person hating you hates themselves even more and really just needs to be reminded that they're okay, and they don't need to lash out at the world to get a release for frustration.

  I'm off to bed, because the clock is ticking nearer to midnight every minute, and I'm tired. Remember to love when you can.

  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment